The House of Fascim. Giuseppe Terragni
The Casa del Fascio is a building located in Como, northern Italy, a work of Italian rationalist architect Giuseppe Terragni.
Started in 1932 and completed in 1936 under the regime of Benito Mussolini, this municipal administration building was originally constructed with a primary view of functioning as an elegant “set piece” for mass Fascist rallies. Conceptualized as a classical palazzo centered on a glass atrium, it was frescoed with abstract paintings (since destroyed) by the artist Mario Radice and the original project boasted an innovative changing facade illumination. It is cited as a regional manifestation of the International Style of architecture.
The building housed the local headquarters of the Guardia di Finanza police force from 1955 to 1999. Currently it houses the historical museum of the Guardia di Finanza 6th legion.
Vídeo: NICOLANGELO GELORMINI
Monographs 10 October 2012
Casa da Chá, Matosinhos. Álvaro Siza
Monographs 14 February 2012
Alberto Campo Baeza. Gaspar House
Monographs 12 March 2012
Sports Pavillion Chapín, Jerez. Ramón Glez. de la Peña
Monographs 17 September 2012
House D in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Monographs 2 December 2013
Each house is a theater. Elii Architects
Monographs 26 June 2012
Antequera Town Hall, Malaga. R. Alario, S. del Pino, R. Salgado